Alan I. Weintraub, retired
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Prior to his recent retirement, Mr. Weintraub was a landmark attorney in McLean County, concentrating his practice in the areas of Family Law and Real Estate. In a March, 1997 survey conducted by Business to Business magazine of over fifty McLean County law firms, Mr. Weintraub was selected by his peers as one of the top three "Legal Aces" and was featured on the magazine's cover. In the article, he noted:
In 2003 and 2004, Mr. Weintraub was named among the top 15% of lawyers practicing Family Law in the State of Illinois by the Leading Lawyers Network as the result of a statewide poll of attorneys. In January 2012, Mr. Weintraub was named an Illinois Super Lawyer.
Drawing on his vast experience, Mr. Weintraub served as Associate Professor of Family Law and Real Estate Law at Illinois state University from 1978 to 1998. He has been an Instructor of Family Law for the Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section and a speaker with the Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Update. His name is associated with numerous published appellate court decisions.
Mr. Weintraub was born in Chicago, Illinois, in 1947. He received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois in 1968. In 1972, Mr. Weintraub received his J.D. from the University of Illinois School of Law and was admitted to the Illinois Bar and U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, Illinois. Prior to his retirement, Mr. Weintraub was a member of the McLean County, Illinois State, and American Bar Associations.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Divorce
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1972
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- Major: History
- In re Marriage of Swanson, 275 Ill. App. 3d 519, 656 N.E.2d 215 (4th Dist. 1995)
- In re Marriage of Gustavson, 247 Ill. App. 3d 797, 617 N.E.2d 1313 (4th Dist. 1994)
- In re Marriage of Hobson, 220 Ill. App. 3d 1006, 581 N.E.2d 388 (4th Dist. 1991)
- In re Marriage of Bush, 191 Ill. App. 3d 249, 547 N.E.2d 590 (4th Dist. 1989)
- In re Marriage of Pauley, 104 Ill. App. 3d 100, 432 N.E.2d 661 (4th Dist. 1982)
- Doyle v. Doyle, 62 Ill. App. 3d 786, 379 N.E.2d 387 (4th Dist. 1978)
- Burton v. Lee, 43 Ill. App. 3d 305, 356 N.E.2d 1310 (4th Dist. 1976)
- McClure v. McClure, 29 Ill. App. 3d 930, 331 N.E.2d 829 (4th Dist. 1975)
- Assistant Professor, Illinois State University, 1978 - 1998
- Continuing Legal Education, Illinois State Bar Association